The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides individuals and families greater access to affordable health insurance options including medical, dental, vision, and other types of health insurance that may not otherwise be available.
Under the ACA:
- You may be able to purchase health care coverage through a state or federal marketplace that offers a choice of plans.
- Insurers can’t refuse coverage based on gender or a pre-existing condition.
- There are no lifetime or annual limits on coverage.
- Young adults can stay on their family’s insurance plan until age 26.
- Seniors who hit the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan coverage gap or “donut hole” can get a discount on medications.